How to apply, install and use MyGovID.
As we are all aware, the due date for MyGovID is the 31st of March 2020. However, we recommend that it be installed and tested way before the cutover date. Unfortunately, the ATO does not provide straight forward instructions on how to apply and work with this new authentication tool for your Business Portal or Tax Agent Portal. For some it may be a very confusing process.
The overview is separated into four parts.
In this article we will look at the process of starting the application for MyGovID and initial setup. In the second article we will do a review of the RAM (Relationship Access Manager) and setting up additional non administrator access. The third part will be about machine authentication with MyGovID. Machine authentication is required primarily for the tax agents and accountants to process lodgements to the ATO using practice management software like Sage HandiSoft, MYOB, MYOB Insolvency, Core IPS, etc. The last article is going to be about tips and tricks and some alternatives to the login process.
First of all, let’s have a look at the prerequisites. To successfully obtain MyGovID, make sure that you have the following:
- Access to an email address which you will be using for MyGovID.
- You can install the MyGovID application on your mobile phone (free) from either Google Play Store or Apple App store. You need to know your Apple Apps store or Google Play Store username and password.
- Your mobile phone has the latest updates installed
- Check the spelling of your name on the ATO portal and your documents (driver license, passport, etc)
- Have two forms of ID available in front of you (password, driving license, Medicare card, birth certificate).
- Make sure that ATO records matches your forms of ID.
- On the computer you can use Chrome or Firefox. Other browsers (IE, Edge are NOT supported).
- On older phones you may NOT be able to install MyGovID. Make sure that your device is running the latest version of the software.
Once you have this all ready, you can proceed to the main part:
On your mobile phone:
- Install MyGovID on your phone. (NOT the code generator APP). Setup password. Please remember this password as you will need it every time you login to the ATO portal. The password needs to be 10 characters with at least one special character, one upper case and one number.
- Enter your email address, the ATO will send you a code via email, put this code onto the next screen. If your phone asks to enable fingerprint, please do NOT enable it. From our experience it does not work correctly.
- Enter personal details (name as stated on the ATO portal), If you have a middle name, enter it too. If the personal details you entered do not match on the ATO, you will not be able to proceed. You will see the “fingerprint” logo blinking. If you see this for more than 2 minutes, close the application and restart. In some cases, if you open the app, you would be able to logon.
- Provide one form of ID (note: Medicare Card / Driving Licence can be scanned from your phone). Check scanned details as the scanner does not work 100% correctly.
- If all is correct you will be redirected to another page.
- Provide a second form of ID – follow the instruction from step 4.
Congratulations, you now have MyGovID App ready.
The next step you will need to do on your computer.
- Open your browser (please remember – ONLY Google Chrome and Firefox are supported).
- Navigate to gov.au/
- Select the “Login with MyGovID” option.
- Put the code from the webpage into your phone.
- It will redirect you to ATO portal.
- Link your ABN – you will be redirected to RAM.
- Link your business, Continue.
- Enter your personal address, Continue.
- Tick the ABN if cannot see it, search. Continue.
- Enter your email address, press “send email”.
- Enter the code sent to you via email, click “Verify” and “Continue”.
- Tick agree, submit.
- If all OK you will be linked to your ABN.
- Agree, submit.
Now you can go to the ATO portal and logon with your MyGovID App.
In the browser go to:
- Select the link applicable to you.
- Click on “Login with MyGovID”.
- Open MyGovID application on your phone.
- Enter your email address.
- Click login.
- You will need to enter a code from the web page into your phone.
You are now logged in.
If you have any technical questions you can contact Yuri by phone on 07 3266 7701 or 0406 145 901, or by email at email@example.com.
Or contact the ATO helpline for AusKey and MyGov ID on 1300 287 539.
Date of Issue: 5 March 2020 Author: Yuri Sherbakov
Disclaimer: The contents herein are intended for general information only and should not be construed as legal or accounting advice. Vicca Chartered Accountants Brisbane bears no responsibility for any loss that might occur from reliance on information contained in this publication. Please do not reproduce, transmit or distribute the contents herein in any form without prior permission from Vicca Chartered Accountants, Taxation Accountants Brisbane Australia.