This is the second part of the MyGovID overview. In the first part we looked at the process of applying for MyGovID and linking your ABN to it. In this second part we are going to look at the Relationship Access Manager (RAM) and giving access to other people within your organisation.
We will start with the prerequisites again.
- You have your mobile phone with MyGovID opened.
- People you are going to give access to your ATO portal already have MyGovID App set up on their phones.
- You have other people’s email addresses available. This needs to be the email address they used to setup their own MyGovID.
- Check the spelling of other users’ name within their Authorisation Manager login.
- On the computer you can use Chrome or Firefox. Other browsers (Internet Explorer [IE], Edge are NOT supported).
Once you have all ready, you can proceed to the RAM:
- On your computer open your browser and navigate to the RAM: https://authorisationmanager.gov.au/#/login
- Logon with your MyGovID App and select the ABN/Entity you want to access.
If you already have additional AUSkeys for other users, you might be able to import them into MyGov. However, the AUSKey is predominantly set with the work email addresses. This means if the user chose to use a personal email address for their MyGovID App, you would not be able to import his/her AUSkey into MyGovID. Let’s have a look at both scenarios:
Scenario One – Importing AUSKey to MyGovID
You can use this option if:
- Users have the same email address associated with MyGovID and registered with AUSKey; and
- Their first and last names in AUSKey have exactly the same spelling as in MyGovID.
You will succeed with the importing of the AUSKey ONLY if both criteria is met.
All you need to do is to click on the “Import AUSKey” button, select users, review the permissions and submit.
Scenario Two – Creating New Login
This is also very simple – click on create new, enter name, email address, review permissions and click submit.
Regardless of which scenario is used, the end user will receive an email from the ATO with the authorisation code. The user is responsible for the rest of the process.
End users will need to login into the Authorisation manager https://authorisationmanager.gov.au/#/login with their MyGovID. Once logged on:
- Type the authorisation code from the ATO email they received before and press submit.
- Type personal details and submit again.
If everything is correct, the setup process is done.
Now the user can logout from the Authorisation Manager and logon into the Business or Tax Agent portal using their own MyGovID
If you have any technical questions you can contact Yuri by phone on 07 3266 7701 or 0406 145 901, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or contact the ATO helpline for AusKey and MyGov ID on 1300 287 539.
Date of Issue: 6 March 2020 Author: Yuri Sherbakov
Disclaimer: The contents herein are intended for general information only and should not be construed as legal or accounting advice. Vicca Chartered Accountants Brisbane bears no responsibility for any loss that might occur from reliance on information contained in this publication. Please do not reproduce, transmit or distribute the contents herein in any form without prior permission from Vicca Chartered Accountants, Taxation Accountants Brisbane Australia.